20 February 2010

Surname Saturday - Witt

My Witt Family line can be traced back to David Jefferson Witt, born 1833 in Abbeville County, South Carolina. David J's wife was Sara Walker, also born in 1833. They married around 1850 and lived in Edgefield County and later Greenwood County, South Carolina. According to census information, David was a farmer and unable to read or write.

David died on 21 Jan 1901 and was buried in the Bethel Methodist Church Cemetery in Callison, Greenwood, South Carolina.

David J & Sara had five children, including James S, David Jr, Moses P, and Martha. I descend through David Jr, who married Alice Miller. Their son, William David married F Iola Quattlebaum, who had my Great Grandmother, Auline Witt.

The Witt family continued to live in Greenwood Country, with many of the family buried at the Bethel Methodist Church Cemetery and the Bold Springs Baptist Church Cemetery.

I would love to share information with anyone connected to this family.

1 comment:

Amy Witt said...

This is my family as well. I too would like to discuss

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails