24 July 2009

Uncle Bill

From today's AJC, my Great-Uncle Bill's Obituary.

albea08
"William O. (Red) Wingard Jr.

WINGARD, William, Jr. Mr. William O. (Red) Wingard, Jr., age 81, of Decatur, died on Wednesday, July 22, 2009. He is survived by his wife, June Wingard of Decatur; children, Kathy Wingard of San Diego, Michael Williams of Flowery Branch, Ava Walter of Flowery Branch, William O. Wingard, III of Fairburn; and sister, Katherine Sanders of Jonesboro. Graveside service will be held at 11:00 AM, Saturday, July 25, 2009 at Sherwood Memorial Park with Rev. Tom Shannon officiating. The family will receive friends from 6-8 PM, Friday, July 24, 2009 at our Jonesboro Chapel. Pope Dickson & Son, Jonesboro Chapel. 770-478-7211"

1 comment:

Greta Koehl said...

My condolences on your great-uncle's death. The name caught my eye because one of my Moore cousins has Wingards in her family line - I believe they came to Texas from Elmore, Alabama, and I think before that they were in South Carolina. I did a little bit of research and think they may be from the Christian Wingard (SC) line.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails